Connecting Cambridgeport, Kendall Square and East Cambridge to Boston's North Station
& Stop Guide
EZRide Service Updates
Urgent alerts to EZRide Service will appear on our
Twitter feed (see right) or at 617-839-4636.
Follow EZRide on Twitter for faster service updates: twitter.com/ezride
Monday 04/17/2017: Patriot's Day. No service.
Please see Holidays for more information.
Kendall Square Route Change Effective 2/6/17:
Starting Monday, February 6th, the Kendall Square and MIT Sloan stops have been eliminated and replaced with stops at the Ames St./Main St. and Ames St./Amherst St. intersections.
MAIN ST/KENDALL SQ - Detours end Monday, August 1, 2016:
EZRide service will return to normal operations at that time with service on both sides of the street. If you need a reminder of what this entails, see our route map and stop guide.
- Outbound Morning and Inbound Evening service will operate on the north (Marriott) side of the street, stopping in front of the Coop.
- Inbound Morning, Outbound Evening and Midday service will operate on the south (MIT Bookstore) side of the street, stopping in front of the MIT Press Bookstore.
- All temporary stops will be suspended, and regular stops at Amherst St.-Sloan and Ames St.-Media Lab will be reinstated.
- This is the last and final change as part of the Main Street Reconstruction project, which began in 2014. We would like to thank all of our riders for their patience while we have coped with the construction!
Tech Square Route Change Effective 4/4/16:
Beginning April 4, EZRide will implement a route change in the Tech Square area. This will allow us to simplify the route, reduce running time, and increase reliability for the service. Stops affected include 555 Tech Square, 200 Tech Square and Portland Street-600 Tech Square. For full information and graphics, please see this blog post.
Third St. Outbound stop moves to Second St. starting 4/4/16:
Starting Monday, April 4th, the current Third St. Outbound stop (stop F on our maps) will move to its new permanent home at Second St. The stop will now be located exactly one block east of its current location, just west of the Second St. traffic light on Binney St. Please see here for a detail of the change.
The Inbound Third St. stop will not change - it will remain outside 300 Third St.
Kendall Square detours to resume 3/15/16:
With construction resuming Tuesday, March 15, EZRide service will return to the detour in place last fall.
- MIT Routes (Morning Inbound, Midday, and Evening Outbound) will stop on Main St westbound at 255 Main St (in front of Chipotle).
- The Amherst St/Sloan will be closed, as shuttles will not be able to reach Amherst St.
- The Morning Inbound stop on Ames St at the Media Lab will also be closed.
- There will be a temporary Midday and Evening Outbound stop on Ames St between Amherst St and Memorial Dr.
- There will be no route changes to Commuter Routes (Morning Outbound & Evening Inbound), but these routes will also stop at 255 Main St in Kendall Square, and WILL NOT stop at the current location in front of the MIT Coop.
For full information, please see our blog post.
North Station - Change to Temporary Stop Location - effective Monday, September 8, 2014
Starting Monday, September 8th, the temporary EZRide Shuttle stop at North Station will be shifted slightly. Buses will now board on the opposite side of the TD Garden parking garage exit, along side the Partners parking lot. When walking out of North Station via the Nashua Street exit, passengers should no longer cross the parking garage exit ramp, but proceed straight ahead to the new stop location. Please see map below for more detail.
Arriving shuttles will discharge passengers at locations where it is safe and convenient to access North Station. This location may change as pedestrian access changes around the work zone.
This stop change is being made to address concerns about pedestrian safety around the work area behind North Station. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this major construction project.
For more information, please see the Transportation News blog.
For More Information:
Email Us, or leave a message at 617-839-4636.
Shuttles are owned and operated, under contract to
Charles River Transportation Management Association, Inc., by:
Paul Revere Transportation, LLC
100 Eastern Avenue
Chelsea, MA 02150